Monday, March 07, 2005

Class War: Rich Beaches, Poor Beaches


In Florida, the "Revolt at the Courtney Campbell" is just one more disrespectful act by the upper middle class city councillors and county commissioners against the working class families of Pinellas.

Let's charge those people $10 to get to a lousy beach and maybe they'll go away. Let's charge them $10 to go to a lousy beach while we go to Caladesi Island on our $50,000 boats, burning precious fuel and spilling motor oil in the gulf.

This leads to other revelations:

I do not want my tax dollars to pay for baseball stadiums or for developing properties for private corporations. I do not want my tax dollars paying for school busing. I want better paid teachers, better school buildings and smaller classrooms.

I want the parents who work hard all day putting the roof on your big fancy house and paving your roads so you can drive that Escalade to be able to drive a few blocks to participate in the PTA. Read more